Well it wasn’t a very nice bike when I bought it.
The frame is triple butted Miyata chromoly and the aluminum stem had seized into the high tensile steel fork. So since I live in a small apartment I didn’t have any space to remove the seized stem the proper way, I cut the stem and replaced the fork with a chromed chromoly fork. I chose the threadless adapter and stem because it was what I had laying around at the time.
The groupset was mostly shimano exage instead of the shimano 600 that this bike came with. I replaced the derailleurs with shimano 600 tricolor because it was 7 speed indexed and I could re use the shifters.
The crankset and chainrings were campagnolo Athena but I had the throw away the crank because it cracked and it looked like it was on its last leg. I replaced it with another parts bin special but I hope to replace the cranks with a 110bcd crank so I can use the chainrings
The brakes were some día compe single pivot brakes with no name levers so I decided to treat the bike to some center pivot 105’s and some trp levers.
The spinergys I put on because I had them lying around and they were tubulars. (Much better than the entry level mavic box sections)
And finally the bars. I had gotten these bars from a friend for $30 and thought they were really unique so I put them on this bike because IMO it was the right thing to do