/BRT/: Bike Racing and Training, 'Attack Off The Front' edition
Previous thread (currently on auto-sage): >>1041744
IN THIS THREAD, we discuss:
* Training for bike racing (road, MTB, track)
* Bike racing tactics and strategy
* Bike handling skills relating to racing (pacelining, maneuvering within the pack, blocking, when to attack, etc)
* Your races
* Pro races
* Equipment choices (including power meters, heart rate monitors, etc)
* Anything and everything relating to bicycle racing and training
When discussing power, post W/kg (watts per kilogram), not just watts.
If you're new to bike racing and need to get started, you can start with The Cyclists Training Bible (aka CTB); there's a copy of 3rd Edition online you can peruse:http://www.lronman.ru/docs/CyclistBible3.pdf
(please buy a copy if you like it).
If you're interested in Power Meters for your bike, here's a good article that covers most of the choices available on the market:https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/power-meters-buyers-guide2016-edition.html
If you're interested in doing some reading on basic race tactics and strategy, you can check out the following two books:
"Racing Tactics for Cyclists" by Thomas Prehn
"Reading the Race" by Jamie Smith and Chris Horner
Ask questions, and share your knowledge, expertise, and experience; everyone interested in training to be a better cyclist are welcome.