Frist of all greetings to you all m'lads.
I want to buy a new bike :
1) Important part, Im only buying from a professional store of some sort, so no craiglist Im sorry. Not a fan of occasions at all, especially where I live in Paris its pretty much scam city and I don't want to bother with that. I don't trust people.
2) 176cm 5'9 is my height. Do I go for Large of Medium sized bikes ?
3) Looking for an hybrid bike (fitness bike) the ones that goes smooth on roads and well enough on dirt. Between a mountain bike and a road race bike. I will use it to circulate in Paris suburbs. I want to ride it up the sidewalks, down the stairs, into dirt roads and regular roads.
4) Needs to be quite lightweight because I have a lot of stairs to go through where I live. 5th floor no elevator. Thats why Im thinking about a carbon frame but I do know the price are no joke with those.
5) Needs to have a discreet convenient look so she doesn't get stolen first week of purchase.
6) I really do need disc brake Im afraid. Riding in Paris is too dangerous to go with cheap brake.
7) Western Europe budget so I can pour between 200€ and 500€ into it. As always, a budget can go up and down depending on the situation, I can extand to 600€ If its amazing and fits all my criterias.
Possible 8) Can I add that I have a kryptonite for straight frames ? Curved frames are a big nono. It doesn't visually pleases me.
I see a lot of Btwin bikes arround my workplace, I think its a French brand only ? Not sur. Is it /n/ approved ?
Ive browsed some amazon pages and saw the Raleigh Cadent 2 (pic related) and it seems trully perfect, sadly they don't ship their sexy stuff to France.
Im taking any advices you got really. You are welcome to correct me on anything.
Thanks to anyone helping me find something. Thank you.