This map (or its later variants) will always beat the new one they made which coloured every line in its individual colour as if anyone cared and rotated it to be more geographic. Some day I may get motivated enough to redraw this one as a vector of my own and update it to include route changes like route 58.
Problems with pic related:
* It makes you bend your head crooked looking at it
* It's just barely easier to follow a tram route along its length
* It's got the CBD rotated but the roads not on magnetic north, so to fix it they have to add an angle down Chapel St that doesn't exist
* The suburb information is not useful in a digital environment, rather it wastes space. In a digital environment, you're probably using a journey planner anyway, and it just makes you want to zoom in heaps. In a printed environment, if you don't know what route tram to take and what stop to get off at before you get on the tram, you're going to get lost anyway.
* They've removed information rather than adding it. Railway stations are still there but they removed the landmarks like Etihad, Hospitals, The Zoo; and most egregiously the street names and CBD grid.
* Highly subject to taste: I find the old font more legible
* Can't even properly tell route 58 stops at Domain Interchange
Very hard to think of positives:
* Adding more interchange spots. Though not very helpful because most aren't named unlike they were on the old map.
* Removed the odd curve on route 67 south end (looks a bit different on the later copy)