I'm kind of in the same spot. Here's what I've found from the Trek bikes:
- Modane: Their crazy aero bike.
- Emonda: The "light" bike.
- Domane: The more upright, comfortable bike. "Endurance Road." This one has a weird road bike suspension that's not really suspension. Haven't ridden it to see how good it is, but it makes it expensive and the carbon models are way over $2k.
- Roubaix: This is their Endurance Road bike. Cheapest one is 2k.
- Allez: Very popular bike available in a variety of lower prices, but it's a twitchy, aero racing bike.
- CAAD12: People have said this is a comfortable bike. They have an aluminum one for 1.8k.
I'm not sure what to get, none of them jump out at me and they all seem too expensive. My local bike shop mostly has trek too, so I dunno. I guess I'll try the Emonda, I'm afraid the Domane has you paying too much for its gimmick half-suspension.