Posting on ghost and internal boards should now work HOWEVER, links will not while an issue with recaptcha (antispam) is worked out

Okay...NOW /vp/'s images should be restored, an interrupt to the copy left a lot out that should now be there.

(36 replies)

Records: Charlottesville car attack suspect previously accused of assaulting mother

No.168355 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesville-car-attack-james-alex-fields-previously-accused-of-assaulting-mother/

>CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- The driver charged with killing a woman protesting a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville was previously accused of beating his mother and threatening her with a knife, according to police records released Monday.

>Samantha Bloom, who is disabled and uses a wheelchair, repeatedly called police about her son, James Alex Fields Jr., in 2010 and 2011, telling officers he was on medication to control his temper, transcripts from 911 calls show.

>Authorities say 20-year-old Fields drove his silver Dodge Challenger into a crowd of counter-protesters Saturday in Charlottesville in an act of domestic terrorism. Nineteen people were wounded in addition to the woman killed, 32-year-old Heather Heyer. A Virginia State Police helicopter deployed in a large-scale police response to the violence then crashed into the woods outside of town and both troopers on board died.

>The records the Florence Police Department in Kentucky show the man's mother had called police in 2011. Records show Fields' mother told police he stood behind her wielding a 12-inch knife. Records show that Fields was arrested and put in juvenile detention.

>In another incident in 2010, Bloom said that Fields smacked her in the head and locked her in the bathroom after she told him to stop playing video games.

>Bloom told the AP late Saturday that she knew her son was going to Virginia from Ohio for a political rally Saturday, but she had no idea it involved white supremacists.

>"I just told him to be careful," she said, adding she warned him that if there were protests "to make sure he's doing it peacefully."

>Sources tell CBS News' Andres Triay and Pat Milton that FBI and DOJ investigators will examine any possible connections or communications Fields may have had with others before he allegedly drove his car into the crowd.
31 posts omitted
(8 replies)

Trump unknowingly praises Russian twitter bot supporter

No.167231 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
The Twitter user President Donald Trump praised last Saturday does not really exist, and the account might actually have ties to a Russia-backed disinformation campaign targeting the U.S. political system, The Washington Post reported Monday.

>"The president doesn't know whether it's a Russian bot or not," Clint Watts, a fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, told the Post. "He's just pushing a narrative, whether it's true or false. This provides a window not just for Russia but for any adversary to both influence the president or discredit him."

>Trump retweeted a post by someone who used the handle @ProTrump45 and said her name was Nicole Mincey. She described herself as a "black conservative" who sells Trump merchandise, but Twitter users quickly realized it was a fake, and the account was suspended by Twitter on Monday following complaints. Twitter would not comment on why it took the account down, but the company regularly suspends fake accounts or accounts that have been hacked.

>Leading up to the election, many automated Russia-linked Twitter accounts flooded social media with pro-Trump rhetoric and made up news to aid the Republican nominee's campaign. Trump has dismissed the investigation into Russia meddling, but brought attention to the issue with his retweet.

>"His use of Twitter has elevated the platform," said Jamie Fly, a former adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., who helped create a project which tracks the influence of Russian-backed propaganda on the Internet. "It's created a situation where it's probably even more useful for a foreign power like Russia to try to influence the debate on Twitter."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/twitter-bot-retweet-campaign/2017/08/07/id/806359/
3 posts omitted
(69 replies)

Durham protesters topple Confederate statue outside courthouse

No.168396 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
http://abc11.com/politics/the-latest-protesters-topple-durham-confederate-statue/2308015/

>DURHAM, North Carolina (WTVD) --
Protesters in Durham rushed and toppled a Confederate statue outside the courthouse on Monday evening.

>The monument of a Confederate soldier holding a rifle was erected in 1924 and inscribed on it are the words "in memory of the boys who wore the gray."

>Later Monday, Gov. Roy Cooper tweeted reaction, saying, "the racism and deadly violence in Charlottesville is unacceptable but there is a better way to remove these monuments."

>The crowd was small in numbers but steadily grew to more than 100.

>As the crowd became more animated, several protesters approached the monument, climbing it and attaching a yellow nylon rope around it. The protesters then pulled until the soldier came crashing to the ground.

>Seconds after the monument fell, protesters began kicking the crumpled bronze monument.

>"I was a little bit shocked people could come here and come together like that," said Isaiah Wallace.

>Wallace said he watched as others toppled the statue. He hopes other Confederate symbols elsewhere will follow.

>"I feel like this is going to send shockwaves through the country and hopefully they can bring down other racist symbols," he said.

>The Durham protest was in response to a white nationalist rally held in Charlottesville, Virginia, during the weekend.

>ABC11 spoke to Durham Mayor Bill Bell for reaction.

>"I'm not surprised seeing what's gone on in this country," Bell said Monday night.
64 posts omitted
(63 replies)

Schoolgirl, 16, who ran away from home in Germany to join ISIS

No.158537 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
Schoolgirl, 16, who ran away from home in Germany to join ISIS a year ago is captured in the ruins of Mosul alongside women wearing suicide vests

The runaway schoolgirl was identified as Linda Wenzel from Pulsnitz, Dresden
She flew from Frankfurt to Turkey around a year ago, before sneaking into Syria
After being radicalised in Germany, she posted images of herself with headscarf
Linda was captured in Iraqi city of Mosul which was recently liberated from ISIS
German officials said she was one of 20 ISIS followers captured after the city fell

Her friends told police she had started learning Arabic, taking the Koran to school, wearing conservative clothing and becoming fascinated with Islam before her disappearance.
She was under the observation of German intelligence officials suspected of plotting a serious crime against the state when she fled abroad, where she fell in with ISIS offshoot groups before being smuggled into Iraq.
Before fleeing, Linda told her mother she was going to stay with friends but instead forged a letter pretending to be Catherine which allowed her to withdraw money from the bank.

'I am devastated by the fact that she was apparently completely brainwashed and persuaded to leave the country by someone and that she managed to hide it from me.'
Her classmate Jule, 16, had noticed her best friend change over time, and said: 'More and more Linda shied away from the rest of us.
'She suddenly dressed in long clothes, was learning Arabic and reading the Koran.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4706248/Schoolgirl-16-ran-away-Germany-join-ISIS-captured-Mosul.html
58 posts omitted
(5 replies)

GRIMPLE BTFO!

No.168933 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
Did I hear GRUUUMPF just say ALT-LEFT?!
Hehe, Blumpfies, there's no such thing! GOTCHA!
"Oh there's two sides"
Yeah, like when PFRIMPF got the two sides of the SCOOPS?!
And now he's saying ALT-LEFT! You mean like, ALT-NOT-NAZIS?! Hehe, GNULF BTFO!
Just admit it, Garnulfs, it's over!
IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4sCA3QFqT8
(209 replies)

Women want men to go back to the way they were before feminism

No.154679 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
Shortage of eligible men has left women taking desperate steps to preserve their fertility, experts say

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/04/shortage-eligible-men-has-left-women-taking-desperate-steps/amp/
204 posts omitted
(59 replies)

Conservative And Independent YouTube Channels Hit By Censorship And Demonetization

No.167212 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
YouTube is now demonetizing videos from content creators deemed too controversial for the platform, and conservatives and independents are being heavily impacted.

The move follows YouTube’s announcement earlier in August to catch and flag “controversial religious and supremacist” content hosted on the popular video-hosting website. Political and social commentators on YouTube are feeling the hurt—and they believe that they may be on a blacklist for having the wrong opinions.

The Daily Caller previously spoke to several popular commentary YouTubers who expressed skepticism of the system when the move was first announced last week.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/11/conservative-and-independent-youtube-channels-hit-by-censorship-and-demonetization/

Independent journalist and activist Luke Rudkowski, who runs WeAreChange, told The Daily Caller that hundreds of his videos were demonetized in a single day on Thursday, effectively killing his ability to earn a living on YouTube.
“Having had 660 of my videos demonetized in one day left me a little stunned since this is the core for my income but left me with the impression that this was done on purpose,” said Rudkowski, who said that the videos included some of his most popular videos from years ago. “This was videos from years ago predominately targeting the most viewed videos which has eviscerated my income.”
54 posts omitted
(77 replies)

Trump says both sides to blame amid Charlottesville backlash

No.168705 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
(CNN)President Donald Trump, in a staggering, impromptu news conference in New York on Tuesday, blamed the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend on both sides of the conflict -- equating the white supremacists on one side with the "alt-left" on the other side -- after his top White House aides spent days trying to clean up after Trump's initial vague response to the violence.

The news conference laid bare his unvarnished view of who was to blame for the violence and what he thinks about the nationwide effort to remove statues of Confederate leaders. Trump's comments were the latest in what has been a jaw-dropping saga ever since the President made his first vague statement on the violence, blaming the conflicts on "many sides." The comments also made clear that Trump's speech on Monday -- which vociferously blamed the violence on the "alt-right" and neo-Nazi groups who initiated the protest -- was largely a sterilized version of his view.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-charlottesville-delay/index.html

Trump also warned against nationwide attempts to remove statues to Confederate leaders, arguing that attempts to remove the statue of Robert E. Lee could lead to attempts to remove monuments honoring former Presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.
"You are changing history, you are changing culture"he said.
Trump said there were some "very bad people" on both sides, but that there was some who came out to protest the removal of Robert E. Lee's statue who were "fine people."
"You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, to them, of a very, very important statue and a renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name," Trump said.
Pressed by reporters, Trump raised Washington and Jefferson, arguing there could be a slippery slope.
"George Washington was a slave owner. So will George Washington lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington?" he said.
72 posts omitted
(64 replies)

WOMAN WINS ART PRIZE FOR INSEMINATING HERSELF WITH DOG SPERM

No.166546 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
The Slovenian artist Maja Smrekar was awarded the Golden Nica at the Prix Ars Electronica in Linz for the controversial project "ARTE_mis".

What's the matter? In the project, an artist's egg was "gutted" by experts in a laboratory and a body cell of her dog was inserted into it. The result is a new cell, which could theoretically create a mixture of humans and dogs. The survival chances of this being would be higher than ours, "said the Ars Electronica Center (AEC) in a press release," because this mix would treat its environment more humane than we do. "

Prohibited, but allowed
The FPÖ National Councilors Walter Rosenkranz, Werner Neubauer and a further member of parliament now submitted a parliamentary question to Thomas Drozda (SPÖ), Federal Minister for Art and Culture, "regarding strange art understanding at the Prix Ars Electronica".

The deputies want to know from Drozda, among other things, why such projects are forbidden in research, but are allowed in art. Furthermore, they asked whether the winning project had been funded with public funds and the criteria selected by the jury.

Political responsibility
"This project clearly exceeded the boundaries of morality and ethics," says Neubauer in a conversation with "Heute". He criticizes the responsible persons: "The fact that the politically responsible Linz councilor Lang-Mayerhofer and the representatives of the religious communities have not spoken up to now is unbelievable." In any case, he would also deal with the Bioethics Commission.


https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heute.at%2Foesterreich%2Foberoesterreich%2Fstory%2FFrau-lie--sich-Zelle-von-Hund-in-Eizelle-einsetzen-59767881&edit-text=
59 posts omitted
(326 replies)

Trump: Transgender people will not be allowed to serve ‘in any capacity’ in the US military

No.161203 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
SODOMITES BTFO

WASHINGTON — Trump: Transgender people will not be allowed to serve ‘in any capacity’ in the US military.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-transgender-people-will-not-be-allowed-to-serve-in-any-capacity-in-the-us-military/2017/07/26/4e5f116e-7204-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.dbe1aad9e50f
321 posts omitted