Disk space woes. and yes, posting links is STILL broken due to some issue with recaptcha that I can't fucking figure out.

Threads by latest replies - Page 14


(67 replies)

Vegas Shooter Paddock was "sophisticated" and had "alot of help"

No.218291 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReportDownload thread
As he meticulously planned the Las Vegas attack, the man responsible for the worst mass shooting in modern American history took elaborate steps to stymie the inevitable law enforcement investigation, according to federal court documents unsealed on Friday.

The F.B.I. search warrants shed new light on the degree to which the gunman, Stephen Paddock, who killed 58 people and wounded more than 500 others when he opened fire on a crowd from a hotel room in October, planned the attack and prepared for the aftermath. One of the warrants described how Mr. Paddock “destroyed or tried to hide digital media devices.”

Investigators said he used anonymous communications devices, including a prepaid cellphone, to cover his tracks and employed a “level of sophistication which is commonly found in mass casualty events.”

“Paddock planned the attack meticulously and took many methodical steps to avoid detection of his plot and to thwart the eventual law enforcement investigation that would follow,” the F.B.I. said.

Mr. Paddock’s motive for the attack remains unknown.

The search warrants, which were approved by judges shortly after the shooting, said three cellphones belonging to Mr. Paddock were found in his room at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, including two that investigators searched and one that they could not unlock. An F.B.I. agent wrote that he believed “if there were any information related to a potential conspiracy, it would be found within” the locked phone, which used a Google operating system.
(cont)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/us/las-vegas-attack-gunman-paddock.html
62 posts omitted
(10 replies)

The Russia Investigations: Bannon Comes In From The Cold, Trump Wavers On Mueller

No.218160 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
5 posts omitted
(5 replies)

RSPCA take custody of dog kicked by owner (VIDEO)

No.216405 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
(18 replies)

Don’t Be Distracted by Stormy Daniels

No.218168 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
13 posts omitted
(37 replies)

Trump’s Coal Bailout Is Dead

No.216902 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
32 posts omitted
(28 replies)

mass resignations at US National Park Service Advisory Board after...

No.219752 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
...Secretary of Interior Ryan Zinke refused to meet with any of them.

The board is required to meet twice a year but has not convened since Trump took office last January, Tony Knowles (departing board chairman) said Tuesday. Members, most of whom have worked together for seven years, were surprised to not be consulted on Interior’s recent decisions to increase visitor fees and reverse a ban on plastic water bottles in the park system. The decision to reverse climate change directives and other policies drove the decision to resign, he said.

>More than three-quarters of the members of a federally chartered board advising the National Park Service have quit out of frustration that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had refused to meet with them or convene a single meeting last year.

>The resignation of 10 out of 12 National Park System Advisory Board members leaves the federal government without a functioning body to designate national historic or natural landmarks. It also underscores the extent to which federal advisory bodies have become marginalized under the Trump administration. In May 2017, Zinke suspended all outside committees while his staff reviewed their composition and work.

>In a letter to the secretary on Monday, departing board chairman Tony Knowles, a former Alaska governor, wrote that he and eight other members “have stood by waiting for the chance to meet and continue the partnership ... as prescribed by law.” All of the signatories, who serve as unpaid volunteers, had terms set to expire in May.,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nearly-all-members-of-national-park-service-advisory-panel-resign-in-frustration/2018/01/16/b322ef5e-fae3-11e7-ad8c-ecbb62019393_story.html?utm_term=.dc9aaa3f69ce
23 posts omitted
(46 replies)

Prof. Jordan Peterson leaves interviewer speechless - Gotcha!

No.219315 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
Clinical psychologist Dr. Jordan B. Peterson’s online popularity is likely to grow after his recent performance with British journalist Cathy Newman.

The University of Toronto professor whose YouTube fame exploded in 2016 for his opposition to Canada’s “C-16 bill” — critics deemed him “transphobic” — is making social media waves again in 2018. A combative Channel 4 interview uploaded Tuesday features Ms. Newman literally stunned into silence during an exchange on freedom of expression.

“Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?” the reporter asked at the 22-minute mark of a 30-minute interview.

“Because in order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive. I mean, look at the conversation we’re having right now,” the psychologist answered, The Daily Wire reported Wednesday. “You’re certainly willing to risk offending me in the pursuit of truth. Why should you have the right to do that? It’s been rather uncomfortable. […] You’re doing what you should do, which is digging a bit to see what the hell is going on. And that is what you should do. But you’re exercising your freedom of speech to certainly risk offending me, and that’s fine. More power to you, as far as I’m concerned.”

Ms. Newman paused, sighed and struggled to find a response until her guest interjected, “Ha. Gotcha.”

“You have got me. You have got me. I’m trying to work that through my head. It took awhile. It took awhile. It took awhile,” she said with a repetitive concession.

The interview was viewed over 212,000 times in less than 24 hours, which is good news for the professor — his latest book, “12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos Hardcover” comes out January 23.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/17/jordan-b-peterson-leaves-reporter-speechless-after/
41 posts omitted
(5 replies)

Logan Paul

No.220327 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
https://www.change.org/p/ban-logan-paul-from-youtube-c56c857b-2b40-4628-81c8-332ffdfb9c79 we only need about 8k more people to sign this and logan paul will be off of youtube. come on this guy is just flat out annoying, why dont you just sign this thing?
(5 replies)

Donut-eating contest winner arrested again after donut shop robbery

No.220283 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
Four years ago, Bradley Hardison gained national attention after his win in a police-sponsored donut-eating contest helped police find and arrest him for earlier crimes.

Now he's been charged again – this time with robbing a donut shop.

Hardison, 27, of Elizabeth City, was charged Thursday with felony breaking and entering, felony safe cracking and felony larceny of Dunkin’ Donuts on Nov. 21, according to a news release from the Elizabeth City Police Department.

In 2014 he won a donut eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department National Night Out Against Crime event. He devoured eight glazed donuts in two minutes, according to reports at the time.

But police had been looking for Hardison for months as a suspect in at least three break-ins going back to 2013. Now that he was a minor local celebrity for winning the contest, police were able to locate and arrest him. National media picked up the news.

State records show Hardison was convicted in the earlier crimes and received a suspended sentence of three years in jail. The suspended time ended in October 2017.

Hardison is being held under a $7,000 bond for the latest charges.

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_5a047ba0-bf15-5310-80fb-1f16451f0b04.html
(5 replies)

Taiwanese Man Divorces Wife Because She Only Bathed Once a Year

No.219403 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
A Taiwanese man recently had his petition for divorce approved by the New Taipei City District Court after claiming psychological torture due to his ex-wife’s hygiene habits, or lack thereof. The woman, surnamed Lin, allegedly bathed just once a year and only occasionally washed her hair or brushed her teeth.

The unnamed plaintiff said that Lin’s hygiene was questionable at the time they were dating when she bathed weekly, but that her behavior worsened after their wedding. Her weekly showers became monthly showers, then biannual, and when she started bathing only once a year, he just couldn’t take it anymore. The man said that due to Lin’s unsanitary habits they only had sex once a year, which prevented the couple from producing any children in their decade-long marriage.

Both the plaintiff and Lin are unemployed, with the former claiming that she had dissuaded him from working, convincing him instead to stay home and care for his elderly father-in-law. “I had an opportunity to work as a building security guard,” the man told Taipei Times, adding that Lin had told him that it was demeaning work and prevented him from taking the job. Lin’s mother paid the couple’s daily expenses, but without another source of income, they could barely get by.

“We remained poor, as neither of us had a job,” the man said, adding that he wasn’t even able to pay his National Health Insurance contribution which meant that he could not afford to visit a dentist.

In late 2015 the plaintiff moved out of the house and found a job in Hsinchu. It was when Lin showed up at his new workplace after only one month demanding he quit that the man finally decided to file for divorce.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/taiwanese-man-divorces-wife-because-she-only-bathed-once-a-year.html