[6 / 1 / ?]

Turpins get 25 years for protecting their Kids

No.384389 ViewReplyOriginalReport
>A Perris couple who for years tortured, abused and imprisoned their children, starving them and at times chaining them to their beds, were sentenced Friday to 25 years to life in prison.

However, depite the states attempt to turn the kids against their parents; the kids tried to defend their parents protection:
>“I believe everything happens for a reason. Life may have been bad, but it made me strong. I fought to become the person I am.”

>Jessica, 25, "I love both my parents so much. Although it may not have been the best way of raising us, I’m glad that they did because it made me the person I am today. I just want to thank them for teaching me about God and faith,” the statement said. “I pray often for them.”

The parents stated:
>“My homeschooling and discipline had good intention,” David Turpin said
>ouise Turpin said she had only wanted the best for her children
>“I love my children so much. I’m blessed to be the mother of each one of them,” she said. “I only want the best for them. … I want them to know that mom and dad are going to be OK.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/turpins-get-25-years-to-life-for-torturing-and-imprisoning-their-children/ar-BBW6Zh9?ocid=spartandhp