[23 / 0 / ?]

Lewandowski says he's under no obligation to speak truthfully to the media

No.461272 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/461869-lewandowski-says-hes-under-no-obligation-to-speak-truthfully-to-the-media

Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski suggested Tuesday that he was under no obligation to be truthful to members of the news media after House Democrats pressed him on his past remarks on national television.

House Judiciary Committee counsel Barry Berke questioned Lewandowski during a hearing on why Lewandowski had told NBC's "Meet the Press" early last year that he had not been asked to give testimony for Robert Mueller's special counsel investigation.

"Oh I'm sorry, nobody in front of Congress has ever lied to the public before, I'm sorry," Lewandowski said sarcastically when asked about remarks he made on national television.

When pressed by the counsel, Lewandowski quickly added that he did not believe he had lied during TV interviews, including with NBC, but would only say definitively that he had never lied when under oath to various congressional committees.

"When under oath, I have always told the truth," he said.

Pressed further on whether he had lied in news interviews, Lewandowski responded: "I don't know."

Lewandowski was also pressed about remarks he made during an interview this past February with MSNBC's Ari Melber.

“I don’t ever remember the president ever asking me to get involved with [former Attorney General] Jeff Sessions or with the Department of Justice in any way, shape or form, ever,” Lewandowski had said in the interview.

“That was not true, was it?” Berke asked Lewandowski on Tuesday.

“I have no obligation to be honest to the media,” Lewandowski responded. “They’re just as dishonest as anybody else.”