AND ITS BACK
Stupid updates

[15 / 1 / ?]

Disgraced Democratic congress'person' blames ‘misogynistic culture’ for her resignation

No.489342 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Katie Hill condemns ‘misogynistic culture’ and ‘gutter politics’ in her exit from Congress
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/31/katie-hill-condemns-misogynistic-culture-gutter-politics-her-exit-congress/
In her final speech from the House floor on Thursday, Rep. Katie Hill apologized for her mistakes but also condemned the “double standard” and “misogynistic culture” that she said forced her to resign.
The 32-year-old California congresswoman, who had been seen as a rising star in the Democratic Party, announced Sunday that she was stepping down amid an ethics inquiry into allegations that she had an improper relationship with a staffer. The claims surfaced on conservative websites, which also published nude photos of Hill and details of her sex life with her estranged husband.
Hill said Thursday that she had decided to leave Congress because she no longer wanted to distract from the impeachment inquiry or be used as a “bargaining chip” in the “dirtiest gutter politics that I’ve ever seen.” She added that she had received thousands of threatening emails, calls and texts that left her fearing for her life.
“I will never shirk my responsibility for this sudden ending to my time here,” Hill said in a nauseatingly transparent attempt to shirk responsibility for her own actions and instead blamed others for noticing thats shes a dishonest lowlife. “But I have to say more, because this is bigger than me. I am leaving now because of a double standard.”
The chain of events that led to her downfall began Oct. 10, when the right-wing blog RedState posted a story about comments Hill’s husband, Kenny Heslep, made on Facebook, claiming that his wife was having an affair with her legislative director. The website followed up with a story claiming that the married couple previously had a consensual sexual relationship with a female campaign staffer and featuring nude photos of her.