[109 / 0 / ?]

Lifelong vegetarian given McDonald’s chicken burger by mistake and takes a bite

No.537596 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/21/lifelong-vegetarian-given-mcdonalds-chicken-burger-mistake-takes-bite-12095125/

A teenager who had never eaten meat in her life took a bite of a chicken burger she was given by mistake at McDonald’s.

Clancy Bogue, 19, visited the branch in Bristol’s Cabot Circus last Monday and ordered the Vegetable Deluxe burger.

Her order got mixed up and she was given a Chicken Mayo burger instead.

It wasn’t until she took a bite that she realised what happened – and she was left feeling sick for days afterwards.

But the student, at University of the West of England (UWE) in Bristol, was raised by vegetarians and has stuck with the diet for moral reasons.

The restaurant’s manager has apologised for the ‘extremely disappointing’ incident and claimed an error by a trainee caused the mistake.

Ms Bogue said: ‘I took a bite and it didn’t seem right. I took a look at it and the inside of the burger was white.

‘I realised then it was chicken and felt really distressed. I had a horrible feeling in my tummy and was almost gagging. I felt like being sick.’

She added: ‘I went downstairs and said I wanted to speak to the manager.

‘He offered me a refund and a new burger. I didn’t want one and asked how to make a proper complaint.’

‘It was horrible – it’s thrown me off my eating pattern.

‘I have been feeling quite nauseous. They should have things in place to stop this from happening. I don’t want to eat at any restaurant like that again.’

In an email to Ms Bogue, the restaurant’s business manager said: ‘I have looked in this issue myself and it appears it was a trainee’s error when finishing the product in the kitchen not being focused on the item at hand.