Former internal boards /meta/ and /junk/ will have full images removed by Sunday.

[35 / 1 / ?]

"Experimental concentration camp": Women (allegedly) face hysterectomies in ICE detention

No.691873 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I distinctly remember cartels being accused of the same thing.
>A nurse at a private Immigration and Customers Enforcement (ICE) detention facility alleged that migrants face "medical neglect" and mass hysterectomies, according to a whistleblower complaint filed by multiple legal advocacy groups.

>Dawn Wooten, a nurse at the Irwin County Detention Center in Georgia, which is operated by the private prison company LaSalle Corrections, claimed that migrants at the facility face "jarring medical neglect" in the complaint filed by advocacy groups led by Project South. The Intercept was the first outlet to report on the complaint.

>In addition to concerns surrounding the new coronavirus, the complaint cited multiple women at the detention facility who were allegedly subjected to hysterectomies, in which part of the uterus is removed.

>"Recently, a detained immigrant told Project South that she talked to five different women detained at ICDC between October and December 2019 who had a hysterectomy done," the complaint said. "When she talked to them about the surgery, the women 'reacted confused when explaining why they had one done.' The woman told Project South that it was as though the women were 'trying to tell themselves it's going to be OK.'"

>"When I met all these women who had had surgeries, I thought this was like an experimental concentration camp," the detainee said. "It was like they're experimenting with our bodies."

>Wooten alleged that the center repeatedly used a gynecologist, who appeared to perform hysterectomies at an unusually high rate.

>"Everybody he sees has a hysterectomy - just about everybody," Wooten said. "Everybody's uterus cannot be that bad."

>Wooten described the doctor at the "uterus collector."
https://news.yahoo.com/experimental-concentration-camp-whistleblower-alleges-154711248.html