[17 / 2 / ?]

No.1452401 ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have a story from last summer

>be me 18
>watches a lot of bushcraft videos
>wanna try this myself
>I ask some friends to join me sleeping in the forest
>I know that theres a shed in the woods so we stay there, make a fire, eventually even some people join us. Was a cool night
>fast forward 2 months
>Im depressed and asked some friends to go camping in the woods, or maybe even an island
>in my city theres a lot of lakes so why not
>some of them are actually interested
> i had to chose between 3 islands
>one was very little, 20 meter of water seperated it from the land and you could basically walk over there, but its very little, the water around it isnt clean and people could probably see you
>btw the whole thing isnt that legal here and a fire even less
>second island is in some wildlife habitat and youre not even allowed to go near it(fences everywhere, but no actual surveillance) but "only" 70 meters to swim, plus it seemed like theres a big field in the middle of the island surrounded by trees, looked really cool
>third island and kinda the one I wanted to go to is in some less illegal lake, youre not actually allowed to swim there but people do it anyway so who cares, the island is also marked as some wildlife habitat tho. Youd have to swim 170/130 meters depending where you start, its a massive island, basically 200m diameter, no one to bother you. But eh 150 meters to swim, while also having a backpack with your stuff and no boat.
>we compromised to go to the first island because no one really wanted to swim that much/get in trouble
>one hour before were about to do it, everyone suddenly doesnt want to do it
>fuck
>at this point Im really angry and sad bc It was nearly the end of summer and I kinda wanted to do it since 3 years
>i say fuck it, pack my stuff and drive to the third island
> i have a massive backpack with me and get really scared thinking about staying the night at the island

Part 2 incoming