* external frame 65 liter Jansport pack
* Waterproof Bivvy bag w/0 degree sleeping bag
* Skeeterbeater hammock & tarp & cordage
* Estwing Campers Axe, 6" Camp Knife, Folding saw, leatherman wave
* 8" long 1/2'" diameter firesteel, magnifying glass on compass, bic lighter, flint and striker, char cloth
* Small fishing kit, assorted lures & telescoping rod w/30lb spiderwire
* five 20 foot sections of paracord and 1 x 100' section for 200' total
* 2 gallon water storage capacity + Sawyer/charcoal filter
* Billy can, small skillet, bowl, cup, spork, 12" x 12" grill rack
* leather gloves, shell jacket, poncho, 3 pairs of socks, skivvies, and poly/longjohns
* Ruger 10/22 w/(2) 25 round mags, stock 10 round mag, (2) 500 round bricks.
* week's worth of freeze dried stew, coffee & beef bouillon cubes. (it's the standard food load out for my pack, always ready)
I think I'd be fine a bit cool but ok. I'm already dressed for winter anyway so realistically I'd make myself some Kochanski style snowshoes and a sled to move around and make snow caves for shelter or just use tree hollows or hang if the trees/weather permit. Shoot a buffalo and make a skin on frame canoe/kayak, smoked jerky & pemmican.
I wouldn't head towards civilization, I'd head for Yellowstone, with no Dept of Game and fish to worry about, I'll be just fine. With 22lr being available then, I'd find a nice piece of woods and make a living trapping/hunting. I could live out the rest of my life there and never have to hear shitty rap music ever again. Fuck yeah.