Looks like they weren't using a lens hood. Still cool though. Here's the lens hood I'm working on. I'm lacking flat black paint right now, so the inside is black craft foam for temporary flocking. I also used the craft foam to fill the wiggle room so it can be pressure fitted to the front bellows mount. 2 layers of thin strips of craft foam makes for a perfect fit; with a tiny bit on the bottom to help it wedge between the base and the front bellows mount. Once it is done, it'll be painted black on the outside, and not so ghetto looking.
This works amazingly well and got rid of nearly all the glare problems. I only have glare issues if something is within the FOV of the hood down range. I'm sure a filter would end that problem as soon as I epoxy a UV filter ring with the glass removed to the cap lens you see in >>3312652
then use a CPL filter on it.
Those macro bellows are super versatile for all manner of diy things.>Too much work.
Having the right tools really takes the work out of things. It goes from "meh" to fun, which is why I have too much fun doing photo diy it seems.>I'll use that for making videos with that lens.
Would view.>Heyy anon, our DIY thread was fun.
Indeed it was. I made one over on /diy/, >>>/diy/1407594
in hopes to find more people doing similar things. There's really not many people that do this sort of thing we do who actually post consistently.