Back up!: and its back, domain renewed, details here.

$1000 max budget

No.3061115 ViewReplyOriginalReportDownload thread
Alright /p/ time to help me pick out my next camera. (B4 sell your gear and get "_brand_")

Been photographing for 10 years now, and 5 years getting actually paid for it! I'm gaining steam but have limited funds on my next upgrade. I don't do sports and have done two weddings, gobs of portraitures/ headshots, an engagement shoot, tons of product shots (mostly restaurants). Given that is still going to be my subject(s), what do you recommend?

I'll add further factors by saying I'm a Canon shooter and have a 5D mk II and lenses including, EF 50mm f/1.4, 100mm Macro f/2.8, 17-40mm f/4, 70-200mm f/4, and 24-105mm f/4...So I have invested some money into glass covering that brand. Canon is the first go-to with only a max of $1000, what route should I take. Also, I'm aware Sony can also be an option, but I'm worried about the battery life, the compatibility, and the Fotodiox adapter hunting in AF.

I know there's a lot to unpack here but I just want to make a good decision that will last for a projected 4/5 years of use. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance for any help or leads. Be back in a few hours to check recommendations, if any.
Image Created2016:10:10 13:39:36
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Time1/80 sec
White BalanceAuto
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Focal Length55.00 mm
Metering ModePattern
Image Height683
Color Space InformationsRGB
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Macintosh)
Image Width1024
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
RenderingNormal
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Exposure ModeManual
F-Numberf/11.0
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory