[10 / 1 / ?]

DIY

No.3478360 ViewReplyOriginalReport
hey guys so my sister, that lives across the country, sent me my dad's old photography gear and big problem, my sister isn't a photographer. so, back story my dad passed away in 2009 and my sister took his stuff back cross country to Vergina because i was only 12 at the time and didn't have an outstanding interest in photography like i do now. so anyways, again my sister didn't use the gear or even touch it for a decade because I received it on the 10-year anniversary of my dad's death.

now that I got that out of the way, i have a Nikon Speedlight SB-800 that has 9+ year of battery corrosive damage to the electronics inside the battery, I cleaned out the corrosion that i saw with alcohol and put new batteries in, and as you may expect it didn't work still. I called Nikon and they said that they don't repair that accessory anymore. i don't think I can't sell it because of the corrosion and i don't have money to get it repaired at a 3rd party shop. so my only option is to DIY it. do any of you know how to do that?