Footage proves bats were kept in Wuhan lab

No.868246 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANRs4DojOek

An official Chinese Academy of Sciences video to mark the launch of the new biosafety level 4 laboratory in May 2017 speaks about the security precautions that are in place if “an accident” occurs and reveals there had been “intense clashes” with the French Government during the construction of the laboratory.

The video shows bats being held in a cage at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, along with vision of a scientist feeding a bat with a worm.

The World Health Organisation report investigating the origin of the pandemic failed to mention that any bats had been kept at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and only its annex referred to animals being housed there.

“The animal room in the P4 facility can handle a variety of species, including primate work with SARS-CoV-2,” it states.

A member of the World Health Organisation team investigating the origin of the pandemic in Wuhan, zoologist Peter Daszak said it was a conspiracy to suggest bats were held at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In one tweet dated December, 2020 he said: “No BATS were sent to Wuhan lab for genetic analysis of viruses collected in the field. That’s now how this science works. We collect bat samples, send them to the lab. We RELEASE bats where we catch them!”

In another tweet, dated December 11, 2020, he said: “This is a widely circulated conspiracy theory. This piece describes work I’m the lead on and labs I’ve collaborated with for 15 years. They DO NOT have live or dead bats in them. There is no evidence anywhere that this happened. It’s an error I hope will be corrected.”

This month, Daszak appeared to retract his earlier denials and admitted the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have housed bats but admitted he had not asked them.

The Chinese Academy of Sciences video was discovered by researchers investigating the origin of the pandemic who call themselves DRASTIC.
15 posts omitted

police discovered troll factories of russian oposition. massive social media operation.

No.449663 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
In Moscow, law enforcement officers discovered the factory of trolls of Navalny

On August 19, security officials rushed into one of the apartments in Maryino near Moscow. Several girls were taken from there, who were put in a special bus and taken away, according to the local edition of the Bulletin of the Moscow Region. According to a source in the Ministry of Internal Affairs, this group was writing provocative comments and encouraging citizens to engage in illegal activities at Moscow rallies. In addition, the source added: there is every reason to believe that several more similar “offices” operate in Moscow and the region. “Krasovsky’s Shavki” also published a video from surveillance cameras installed in the underground apartment of Navalny’s bots. On the frames you can see the movement of local employees, their working equipment. Apparently, the blogger does not trust his staff too much, and this can turn into a criminal liability. Previously, political technologist Stanislav Belkovsky reported that Navalny had an entire army of bots. In his opinion, such a “support” is needed by a blogger when he has nothing to say to his detractors. Confirmation of his words was found by the RT editorial, who discovered a special Bosslike application for cheating subscribers and likes.

http://нaвaльный.ru-an.info/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8/%D0%B2-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BE%D1%85%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%BB%D0%B8-%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%83-%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B9-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE/
118 posts omitted

Nobody turns up to see the most popular grifter in history

No.842507 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
136 posts omitted

Democrats are already bracing for a ‘hostile’ Trump transition

No.541214 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/29/trump-transition-democrats-108513

Democrats are bracing for the possibility that if President Donald Trump loses the 2020 election, he and his aides will bungle a smooth handover of power – and maybe even try to outright sabotage the transition.

At least one outside group that works with the 2020 Democratic campaigns has quietly launched a transition-related effort designed to offer an early look at the landscape that awaits them if they oust Trump.

Separately, a prominent good government organization, the Partnership for Public Service, is openly appealing to Trump and his Democratic opponents to start thinking early about transition planning, even if it comes across as “presumptuous.”

And one leading Democratic presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren, just days ago unveiled a plan that, among other things, describes how she would move quickly to staff the government if she wins the White House.

In the plan, Warren voices the fears of many Democrats. “This will be no ordinary transition between administrations,” she states. “Unlike previous transitions, we will not be able to assume good faith cooperation on the part of the outgoing administration.”

That Democrats are making transition-related moves more than nine months before Election Day underscores not only their distrust of Trump but also the reality that taking over the U.S. government is a mammoth task with high stakes.
234 posts omitted

Malian woman gives birth to nine babies

No.840406 ViewReplyOriginalReport
2 posts omitted

Bill Gates’ Master Plan

No.839019 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://youtu.be/FxOk_cmLPFw
Honestly the filth these billionaires get up to is truly sickening. How can we allow them to control our lives to the point where we have no control?

Republicans say the top 1% is suffering so make average Joe pay for infrastructure

No.828154 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Infrastructure talks are starting to gain momentum in Congress two weeks after President Joe Biden rolled out his sprawling $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan.

A Republican-led group of 20 lawmakers is gearing up to make a counteroffer in a bid to strike a bipartisan deal on a smaller package. Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia floated one this week in the range of $600 billion to $800 billion. But there are fresh signs of discord among Republicans on the price tag and it's far from settled.

The sole factor binding them together is opposition to Biden's corporate tax hike. Capito called it a "non-negotiable red line," and other Republicans like Sens. John Cornyn of Texas and Susan Collins of Maine agreed they wouldn't budge.

Instead, they are suggesting potential "user-fees," a set of charges levied on the users of a federal service or good, such as raising the federal gas tax. User-fees have the support from the Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business group.

"My own view is that the pay-for ought to come from people who are using it. So if it's an airport, the people who are flying," Sen. Mitt Romney told reporters on Wednesday. "If it's a port, the people who are shipping into the port; if it's a rail system, the people who are using the rails; If it's highways, it ought to be gas if it's a gasoline-powered vehicle."

That could shift the financial burden of an infrastructure overhaul from companies onto people, Kevin DeGood, an infrastructure expert at the liberal-leaning Center for American Progress, told Insider. It has triggered intense resistance among Democrats.

"If the Republican position is that we're going only going to do this by raising the gas tax and we won't accept an additional penny of corporate revenue, that won't be something our caucus can get behind," a Senate Democratic aide granted anonymity to speak candidly said.

https://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-infrastructure-cost-companies-average-people-gax-tax-congress-2021-4
19 posts omitted

Pete Buttigieg Responds to Uproar Over Past Comments on Minority Students

No.507585 ViewReplyOriginalReport
1/3
>Michael Harriot, who wrote a scathing essay about Mr. Buttigieg in The Root, said his goal was to point out that "the ignoring and whitewashing of the issues, and trying to remain appealing to moderate voters, does a disservice to the Democratic Party's core constituency."

>WASHINGTON -- Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., whose lack of support among black voters poses an ongoing threat to his presidential candidacy, responded Tuesday to an outcry over eight-year-old comments he made about black students from poor neighborhoods struggling in school because they did not have proper role models.

>"Kids need to see evidence that education is going to work for them," Mr. Buttigieg said during a mayoral candidate forum in 2011, before being elected, a clip of which has circulated widely on Twitter. "There are a lot of kids, especially, the lower-income minority neighborhoods, who literally just haven't seen it work. There isn't somebody they know personally who testifies to the value of education."

>After Michael Harriot, a writer for The Root, denounced Mr. Buttigieg's claim in a scathing essay, Mr. Buttigieg phoned Mr. Harriot on Tuesday to discuss the piece.

>"What I said in that comment before I became mayor does not reflect the totality of my understanding then, and certainly now about the obstacles that students of color face in our system today," Mr. Buttigieg told reporters, speaking in Denison, Iowa. "I want to make sure I communicated that I'm very conscious of the advantages and privileges that I have had, not through any great wealth but certainly through education, through the advantages that come with being white and being male, and that's part of why I know I've got to make myself useful as a candidate and as president."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/us/politics/pete-buttigieg-the-root-michael-harriot.html
21 posts omitted

Britain's Prince Philip has died

No.822534 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
LONDON (Reuters) - Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth, has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace said on Friday.

“It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh,” the palace said in a statement.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2BW1E6
62 posts omitted

5 White House staffers lose jobs over drugs, marijuana use

No.810858 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-marijuana-jen-psaki-9034ae417f63e1bd8ae6f957fa173ec3

Five White House staffers have been fired because of their past use of drugs, including marijuana, press secretary Jen Psaki said Friday.

Marijuana has become a delicate issue for President Joe Biden’s administration because 15 states and Washington, D.C., allow for recreational usage, despite a federal prohibition. The administration has tried not to automatically penalize potential staffers for legal behavior in their communities by developing a more flexible policy, Psaki said in a statement to The Associated Press.

“In an effort to ensure that more people have an opportunity to serve the public, we worked in coordination with the security service to ensure that more people have the opportunity to serve than would not have in the past with the same level of recent drug use,” Psaki said. “While we will not get into individual cases, there were additional factors at play in many instances for the small number of individuals who were terminated.”

The Daily Beast website first reported the firings Thursday night.

Hundreds of aides in the 2-month-old Biden administration have cleared the suitability review by career staffers handling security issues. The White House has said there can be multiple factors for dismissals, including hard drug use. The marijuana policy has become less stringent under the Biden administration, allowing for up to 15 past uses in a year among White House staffers.
53 posts omitted