Threads by latest replies - Page 6


OBAMA INVITE t-Rump 60 BIRTHDAY PARTY BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR JUST ELITE JACKASSES

No.901427 ViewReplyOriginalReport
‘Imagine if this was for Trump’: Obama bash for hundreds draws jeers amid Delta outbreaks

Former President Barack Obama is creating a “nightmare” by trying to get nearly 700 people to his 60th birthday bash in Martha’s Vineyard, a source told The Post Monday — as news of the lavish party drew fire amid a national surge of the COVID Delta variant and new restrictions.

George Clooney, Steven Spielberg and Oprah Winfrey are among the 475 guests expected to attend alongside about 200 hired hands

https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/
3 posts omitted

NYT killed lab leak story in 2020 after recieving millions of $ from Chinese gov.

No.901246 ViewReplyOriginalReport
The Times’s editors weren’t motivated by domestic politics in an election year, or even by a hatred of Donald Trump that ran so deep as to dispose them to trust the WHO and the Chinese government over the Trump administration.
It was money.

In the years before COVID-19, revenue from China was an integral part of the Times’s business model. The paper received millions of dollars from Chinese government-controlled outlets, especially China Daily, and published ‘advertorials’ pushing the Chinese government’s line. The Times wasn’t alone in doing this — though few outlets anywhere in the West went all-in, as the Times did in 2012, when it launched a Chinese-language edition and, soon after that, a luxury magazine.

The Times, according to two well-placed sources, refused to investigate the biggest story of our time. Instead, senior editors are alleged to have suppressed efforts to probe the virus’s origins, and the Times led the charge to dismiss any questioning of the WHO’s now-discredited line as conspiracist or even ‘racist’.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/new-york-times-quashed-covid-origins-inquiry/
24 posts omitted

Chinese President Xi Jinping calls for greater focus on military development

No.901326 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Xi tells Politburo study session that country needs to ‘make preparations for military struggle’
Comments come ahead of an important PLA anniversary and at a time when China is facing a growing security threat on its border with Afghanistan

Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for a greater focus on national defence and the military in a speech given on the eve of an important military anniversary and as the nation faces a growing range of security risks.
After giving a spirited speech on the achievements of China’s Communist Party during its centennial celebrations earlier this month, Xi said on Friday: “On the path of completely building a modern socialist country and realising the second centennial goal, national defence and the military must be placed in a more important position, and the consolidation of national defence and a strong military must be accelerated.
“We must persist in strengthening the overall planning of war and make preparations for military struggle.”
Xi’s comments on the military’s development were made two days before the PLA’s 94th anniversary and come at a time when China is facing heightened security risks.

On China’s western borders, the US withdrawal from Afghanistan has led to a resurgence of the Taliban and instability in the region, which Beijing fears could give Uygur separatists a base from which to conduct attacks in the Xinjiang region.
To the east, tensions are growing as the US and its allies conduct more naval operations on waters China claims as its own.
On Friday, US Marine Corps jets were pictured on the British aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth. Earlier this month, Beijing criticised the US for landing a military plane on Taiwan and Japan for releasing a defence white paper that expressed alarm at China’s increased military activities around the self-ruled island.


https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military/article/3143321/chinese-president-xi-jinping-calls-greater-focus-military
3 posts omitted

Republican's fraudulent election 'audit' in Arizona implodes further as they kick out 'director'

No.895226 ViewReplyLast 50OriginalReport
The Republican was banned from the site after sharing data with outside critics from the ever ongoing ballot count after the Cyber Ninjas outlawed allowing outside checks on their 'audit'

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2021/07/23/ken-bennett-senate-liaison-blocked-arizona-election-audit/8058494002/

Questions are mounting about who is in control of the long-running partisan review of Maricopa County's 2020 election results — the Arizona Senate, which ordered it, or the outside firms that are running it.

On Friday, Ken Bennett, the Senate liaison to the audit, was not allowed into the building at the state fairgrounds where the audit is taking place, a day after he shared data with outside critics from an ongoing ballot count.

Senate President Karen Fann has billed this third ballot count as a way to check the ballots tallied both by the county and the Senate's contractor.

And although it is intended to be an independent check, the Senate's lead contractor, Cyber Ninjas, fronted the money to buy high-speed counting machines for the new count; its attorney is providing access to the ballots from their secured location; and the attorney and other workers from the initial count are feeding the ballots into the machines and recording the results.

While this work is supposedly being overseen by Senate representatives, many times that oversight is not there.

>Senate representative blocked from entering audit building
John Brakey, a Tucson election-transparency activist who serves as a consultant for the audit team, said Bennett told him Friday that Bennett was not let into the building that morning.

Bennett did not directly answer a question from The Republic about whether he was not let in. He said he was tending to unrelated business in Prescott.

Fann said that Bennett was still the Senate's liaison, and that Randy Pullen, another Senate representative, is overseeing Friday's operations.
79 posts omitted

Minority Voters Abandoning Democrats Scares Joe Into Action

No.901736 ViewReplyOriginalReport
The novel coronavirus delta variant is surging across the country, and his infrastructure proposals could catch on different political snags — but President Joe Biden is making overtures to minority voters this week.

Biden's slight pivot aims to help Democrats before next year's midterm elections, as the party in power typically braces for heavy losses during that cycle, according to historic trends.

Biden and White House aides have meetings this week with top Latinos and members of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community. Those are two demographic groups Biden and other Democrats cannot take for granted in 2022, according to Aggressive Progressive podcast host and former Democratic consultant Christopher Hahn.

"I believe they did in 2020, and it almost cost him the election," Hahn told the Washington Examiner of Biden.

More than three-fifths of Latinos, for instance, voted for Biden last fall. Yet, former President Donald Trump made progress with the bloc in Florida's Miami-Dade County and Texas's Rio Grande Valley, contributing to an 8 percentage point swing toward Republicans compared to four years ago, Democratic data firm Catalist found.

Biden's tepid response to last month's pro-democracy protests in Cuba was perceived by many strategists as a missed opportunity to forge inroads with the Republican-leaning Florida diaspora.

"There was a significant effort by the Trump campaign to reach out to those voters, and they basically sold them a bill of goods that Biden was some sort of communist dictator akin to the ones their families have fled the past," Hahn said. "Democrats, in general, need to combat that misinformation that the Republicans have been putting out there."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-minorities-infrastructure
11 posts omitted

Breaking

No.901911 ViewReplyOriginalReport
4 posts omitted

Fringe right wing state sets record for most new Trump Virus cases during the pandemic

No.899941 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253168148.html
Saturday, the state of Florida reported more new COVID-19 cases to the Centers for Disease Control than any previous day in the coronavirus pandemic: 21,683.

That’s a 12.1% jump over the previous record, Jan. 7’s 19,334 cases during the worst month of the pandemic. Daily case counts routinely surpassed 10,000 as the pandemic peaked a second time. In the succeeding months, daily case counts returned to 2,000 and 8,000.

The last half of July looks like the start of Florida’s third COVID-19 peak, as the case numbers reported Thursday (17,093), Friday (17,589) and Saturday mix in with Jan. 6-8 to comprise the top six individual case count days. The average over the last seven days is 15,817 cases.

By comparison, on July 12, 2020, the state reported a then-national record of 15,300 cases.

Florida, which represents about 6.5% of the U.S. population, accounts for about 21.4% of the country’s new cases, based on the data the state is reporting to the CDC.

Florida also reported 108 deaths Saturday, eight days after reporting 148 deaths. Before this most recent surge, you have to go back to March 26 to find a higher single-day death count (159).
South Florida vaccinations and hospitalizations
15 posts omitted

SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE

No.901856 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://science.sciencemag.org
SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE
3 posts omitted

Fox news:Larry Kudlow & Andrew Napolitano: sexual harrasment & racist charges

No.901237 ViewReplyOriginalReport
An employee of the Fox Business Network has sued the cable network, making claims of racist and sexist remarks by host Larry Kudlow, sexual harassment by analyst Andrew Napolitano, and other gossipy allegations in an error-riddled complaint filed in New York.

The lawsuit from plaintiff John Fawcett was filed by Ty Clevenger, an attorney from Plano, Texas who has made a name for himself in recent years suing other lawyers, judges, and political figures. This isn’t Clevenger’s first time suing Fox News; he is also representing former Fox News anchor Ed Henry in a lawsuit filed a month ago against Fox, CNN, National Public Radio, and several other media personalities.

The complaint identifies Fawcett as a 27-year-old who first started working for Fox Business as a production assistant for Lou Dobbs. When Dobbs’ show was cancelled this past February, Larry Kudlow took over and, as the complaint describes, “inherited the production team of Mr. Dobbs,” including Fawcett.

According to the complaint, Kudlow “has used ethnic slurs and made sexually inappropriate comments about women in front of multiple staff members, including [Fawcett],” as well as making racist remarks about Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL), whom Kudlow allegedly did not want appearing on his show, and Rep. Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) because they were of swarthy complection.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/fox-business-employee-sues-network-alleging-larry-kudlow-made-racist-and-sexist-remarks/


Andrew Napolitano Out At Fox News After Business Network Employee Alleges Sexual Harassment

https://deadline.com/2021/08/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-larry-kudlow-1234807850/
12 posts omitted

NY Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women In Violation Of State And Federal Law

No.901656 ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/08/03/attorney-general-letitia-james-says-investigation-finds-cuomo-sexually-harassed-multiple-women/

>A new report from New York Attorney General Letitia James finds Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women.

>“The independent investigation has concluded Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, and in doing so violated federal and state law,” James said.

>The report finds the executive chamber was a hostile work environment and 11 allegations of sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior leveled against the governor are credible.

>Investigators say that Cuomo engaged in “repeated physical violations” of women, groped an assistant, and allegedly had unwelcome contact with a female state trooper.

>Cuomo also repeatedly made “offensive and gender-based” comments to staffers and employees.

>James said the investigation has concluded, and the allegations are “civil in nature,” though prosecutors are welcome to review the report and make their own decisions about possible criminal charges.

>James said next steps are up to Cuomo, the Assembly, and the public – but the investigation into sexual harassment by the New York Attorney General’s office is over.

>“The report speaks for itself,” James said. “The governor violated state and federal laws.”

>As to the allegations from the 11 accusers against Cuomo, “I believe them,” James said.

>A separate investigation into the governor’s book deal remains open.
11 posts omitted