I usually eat from the pot, and rinse it with some water at the end. I boil water in the same pot again for the next meal, and I figure this will kill any bacteria. I pop my spoon in the boiling water to sterilize it as well.
What are the legit concerns about not "properly" washing your dishes while /out/? "Food poisoning", yeah, but will a couple of smears of grease and powdered mash in a pot really spoil enough in 12 hours to make you sick? Will a licked-off spoon get icky? I'd honestly be more concerned about keeping your poop tools separated from your eating utensils, and to always sterilize your hans after pooping/before eating, than I would worry about some crumbs from last night.