1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I can play Total War: Warhammer.
2. I believe that I am entitled to DLC, bugs, and the pursuit of CA's interests. Nothing more. I also understand that "my interests" and the "pursuit of CA's interests" are not the same thing.
3. I believe there is no such thing as a "bad Warscape game." I believe that all bugs are features, and it's up to me to accept them.
4. I do not "complain." I bring "acceptance" with me. I believe that any campaign can be done with enthusiasm.
5. I deplore historical TW, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather play Europa Universalis 4 and eat beans than play another historical TW to pay for a game without magic.
6. I believe that CA's renown is my responsibility. I understand that being in "disagreement" does not necessarily mean I disagree with CA.
7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at Warhammer 3's launch is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully accept every crappy feature there is.
8. I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy with the game, I will either find a new game, or find a way to be happy.
9. I believe that buying DLC is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to CA's success. I am resolved to buy as much as I can from whatever store is available to me. I will never stop buying, and understand that blood & gore are necessary.
10. I believe that I am a product of my choices - not my circumstances. I will never blame CA for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the cheats from mods.
11. I understand the world is not fair, and I'm OK with that. I do not resent the success of GW and CA.
12. I believe that all factions are created equal. I also believe that all players have choices. Some choose to be cheaters. Some choose to be poor. I choose to trust in CA.
Let's say you're hired by Paradox to direct a new grand strategy game set in modern times, beginning in, say, 1990.
What game mechanics and features would you put into such a game? Things like war would have to be completely new, it doesn't work like it did in previous eras. Spying would have be a major part of the game. You'd have to deal with the increasing flow of technology and the almost inevitable collapse of the Soviet Union, unless you the player managed to keep it together. Economies shifting from resources to more service-based in the first world. I think it would have to be a more Victoria-like game where the principle aim is the internal governance of your nation rather than war and diplomacy.
>some mad lad picked a franchise that contradicts itself, and made a totally insane mod by mashing everything together to make it a RTS The base game is horribly optimized, the mod is not balanced at all and downright buggy, the musics feel like someone just picked whatever remixes he could find on OCRemix, and yet it's still fun to play. That mod is the epitome of a guilty pleasure, where you know it's shit but you still like it.
I'm creating an EU3 "Ultimate Version" mod, which builds up on Magna Mundi Ultimate 1.26 with CMod, & I have the autism to do it properly. It will go in line with MM's general purpose: give more realism, balance and depth to the game, not add random provinces in Rwanda.
The main issue I have is modding the physical map. I think the gameplay is great and I've grown accustomed to the map mod used in MM but new players will probably look at it and think "this is SHIT" Sicily east of Tunisia, islands that are just spots on the map or don't even appear at all (like Faroe and many pacific ones) & the map is really low-res.
The problem lies in the fact that MM & submods were released for EU3's HTTT expansion & are not ported for DW, the last one. DW changed the base-map from HTTT from an 1872x720 to an 5616x2160 image size, the same as Vic2's map, so people managed to mod the visually better Vic map into DW (ie "CanOmer's mod"). Same hasn't been done to HTTT & thus to the mods the vast majority of people played EU3 on.
There are currently no better map mods for HTTT than the one used in MM. But if someone could do something about it - port the map from Vic2 to HTTT, especially with the MM provinces (but even with no provinces at all & just a workable physical map would do it) or even just do some changes in the land shape of the HTTT map (like properly distancing Europe from Africa, adding the missing islands in their actual shape & correcting the size of the continents) then I think the "Ultimate Version" would be attractive to more new people.
I can work everything for the mod, but not anything in regards to the physical map - I change 1 pixel on the images & it stops working. If anyone could help with a HTTT map mod to be included in the Ultimate Version, or even with just a tutorial or link to a tutorial on how to properly edit the map (as I can't find any), it would be credited and greatly appreciated.